Congoleum Duraceramic - Congoleum DuraCeram - 3 words Don'T DO IT
This may be the very worst product that I have ever come across. If you look far in posted reviews, you will find several that are clearly written by Congoleum marketing people. DON'T FALL FOR IT!
I had alot of this product installed 3 years ago. It looks great the day the installer leaves. And it will stay that way if you don't live in your house. After 3 months, I noticed bubbling and peeling around the edges of the tiles. I called the installer, they agreed that it was not right and the floor was replaced by Congoleum. So far, so good.
Within 6 months of the 2nd installation -- same problem. Congoleum says that it is my fault that the tiles are peeling. I will tell you that there is not alot of traffic on the floor behind my toilet! Not sure how I could have caused peeling on those tiles!
Also, be sure that you never drop anything, or wear shoes when walking on this floor. I dropped a silicon spatula and dented the floor in the kitchen. After it dents, the top layer then peels off -- I guess that was my fault, I should not have been so clumsy as to drop a spatula in my kitchen.
My floor has bubbling and peeling, dents and scatches everywhere. I vacuum and wetmop it daily to keep it clean, but that has not helped. I have felt glides on every peice of furniture and they are changed regularly but this is not enough. The Congoleum warranty covers fading -- not a huge issue -- but not the real problems that occur with living in a house with flooring that was sold as a great alternative for KITCHENS and baths.
Bottom line - if you live, walk, cook, or sit in your house - do not fall for this product.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "I had bought stock from Surindo Furniture from Indonesia. I paid 3000 $ in advance In July 2013 for order of 10000 $ and I told that I am coming..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "I could have gotten the same bouquet from the gas station down the street and saved $80. I paid $100 for Luxury Daisy Bouquet and instead my mother received an..."
- "Terrible.....I will NEVER shop at a roomstore again. The quality of the furniture is poor. The customer service is atrocious. My wife and I decided to purchase our first home's..."
- "I'LL TRY TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR MY TIME AWAY FROM MY ASH-WORTH ONLINE CLASSES, SO YOU WILL HAVE AN IDEA AND A UNDERSTANDING OF THE MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE/COMPANY THEY'RE,..."
- "I bought a sofa set from them that was of a very poor quality. After only one year the furniture looks very tacky. I paid over 3000.00 dollars for..."
- "I go shirts and they were the wrong name on them. I have tried everything to get a response. I am getting now where for 2 weeks now..."
- "I and undoubtedly thousands of other victims stayed awake until 3AM EST so we could save some money on Christmas gifts this season. Excited that Walmart.com would be offering..."