Congoleum Duraceramic - Congoleum DuraCeram - 3 words Don'T DO IT
This may be the very worst product that I have ever come across. If you look far in posted reviews, you will find several that are clearly written by Congoleum marketing people. DON'T FALL FOR IT!
I had alot of this product installed 3 years ago. It looks great the day the installer leaves. And it will stay that way if you don't live in your house. After 3 months, I noticed bubbling and peeling around the edges of the tiles. I called the installer, they agreed that it was not right and the floor was replaced by Congoleum. So far, so good.
Within 6 months of the 2nd installation -- same problem. Congoleum says that it is my fault that the tiles are peeling. I will tell you that there is not alot of traffic on the floor behind my toilet! Not sure how I could have caused peeling on those tiles!
Also, be sure that you never drop anything, or wear shoes when walking on this floor. I dropped a silicon spatula and dented the floor in the kitchen. After it dents, the top layer then peels off -- I guess that was my fault, I should not have been so clumsy as to drop a spatula in my kitchen.
My floor has bubbling and peeling, dents and scatches everywhere. I vacuum and wetmop it daily to keep it clean, but that has not helped. I have felt glides on every peice of furniture and they are changed regularly but this is not enough. The Congoleum warranty covers fading -- not a huge issue -- but not the real problems that occur with living in a house with flooring that was sold as a great alternative for KITCHENS and baths.
Bottom line - if you live, walk, cook, or sit in your house - do not fall for this product.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "Birch stated I failed to return a warranty replacement and charged me $549 for a new phone. It was part of a long saga beginning with an iPhone that..."
- "Terrible.....I will NEVER shop at a roomstore again. The quality of the furniture is poor. The customer service is atrocious. My wife and I decided to purchase our first home's..."
- "I normally take my Bella to a privately owned groomer in Silver Spring, MD. However they were extremely busy, plus they charge $75 for any size dog. Bella really needed..."
- "The WORST company I have ever purchased from. Costs on the upwards of $200 after the trial which they DO NOT disclose prior to purchase. Terrible customer service...."
- "Between 2005 thru 2007 I contracted & made several contract Addendums w/Exotic Waterfalls & Rockscapes, by & thru Shelby Bruns, the owner & President, whom I had known for over..."
- "I wanted to return the pizzas I have bought because they were not what I have ordered and the manager wouldn't return but she insulted me saying "if u don't..."